Postponements – Cancellations
Search The Site
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
On Monday, August 17th at 7:00 p.m., the Sibley Public Library will be hosting a special program, Pictorial View of Railroads in Iowa presented by Denny Davids, member of Otter Valley Railroad Club and Chicago Northwestern Historical Society. For more information you can call the library at 754-2888.
Ocheyedan’s Days of Olde are coming up August 14th, 15th & 16th! Food stands will be open at the City Park & Pulls, as well as at the Ball Diamond.
- Kid’s canoeing & archery @ the Ocheyedan Sandpit from 5 – 7 p.m.
- Great Plains Tractor Pull @ the Travis Boeke location at 7:00 p.m.
- Karaoke @ the Corner Club from 9 p.m. – 1 a.m.
Saturday, August 15th
- 5K Walk/Run @ the City Park – registration 7:30 a.m. Run starts at 8:00 a.m.
- Buffalo Ridge Renegades @ the City Parade from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Parade – registration @ 9 a.m., Parade starts at 10:00 a.m.
- Home of the Mound Wine & Arts Festival @ the City Park 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Homemade Pie & Ice Cream @ the Senior Activity Center after the parade
- Kids Pedal Pull @ the tennis courts at the City Park after the parade
- Tractor Show @ the Travis Boeke location after the parade
- Tracy House Museum on North Main Street from 11 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Antique Tractor Pull @ the Travis Boeke location, starts at 11:30 a.m.
- Kids’ Inflatables @ the City Park from 12 – 4 p.m.
- Co-ed Slowpitch Ball Tournament @ the Public School Ball Diamonds at Noon
- Amateur Wine Competition @ 537 2nd Street, registration until 4 p.m., starts at 5:00 p.m.
- Northwest Tractor Pullers & Central Plains Truck Pullers @ the Travis Boeke location at 6:00 p.m.
- Street Dance on the South Side of Corner Club, Music by Nectorines from 9 p.m. – 1 a.m.
- Bean Bag Tournament @ the City Park. Register before the tournament, 712-461-1720, $5 entry (after the 14th – $10) Starts at 2:00 p.m.
The Sibley Christian Reformed Church invites you to the concert of Journey Bound Quartet from Des Moines, IA which will be given on Sunday afternoon, August 16th, 2015 at 1:30 p.m. in the Sibley Christian Reformed Church. Invite your friends to join you and come to hear the message they will be giving.
Gates open at 5:00 p.m. at the Osceola County Fairgrounds, and the event starts at 6:00 p.m.
General admission: $15.00
KIDS 5 & UNDER – FREE
- 95 Limited Pro Stock Tractors
- 85 Limited Pro Stock Tractors
- 9000 Limited Pro Stock Tractors
- Light Modified Tractors
For more information please call 712-330-1424
Workshop Planned – How Smart Leaders Create Engaged Employees
Consider this quote: “Throughout my career, I’ve found that the leaders that I trusted the most and whom I felt trusted me the most were those that communicated up, down and across the organi-zation; who actively solicited feedback and pro-vided it in a non-judgmental way; who were visi-ble, accessible and approachable; who were the best of role models; who ‘knew’ their employees; and who had a sense of humor – in short, they were ‘human.’” ~ Anonymous.
On August 27th from 8:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. there will be a workshop hosted at the Clay County Regional Events Center aimed at how to engage your employees and create a favorable work environment. To register for the workshop or to receive additional information you can contact Brooke Mass at email@example.com
The Sibley Chamber of Commerce cordially invites you to the annual meeting on Monday, August 10th, at the Sibley Golf Course. Guest speaker is Bill Boer (Superintendent at S-O School) & will speak about the finances of the school.
Social hour starts at 5:30 p.m., the meal will be served at 6:00 p.m. and the speaker will be at 7:00 p.m. Meal will be family style serving lasagna or chicken broccoli alfredo. Cost is $10.
Businessman of the Year and Volunteer of the Year awards will also be presented during this time. Nominations can be turned in at the Chamber office. Please call 754-2729 and RSVP by August 7th with the Chamber office.
Ashton Bible Church will have Vacation Bible School Monday, August 3rd, through Friday, August 7th, from 6:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Children ages 4 through Youth Group and Jr. High through High School age are invited. The theme for the week is “Road Trip to Heaven”. A picnic and short program will be at the church Friday evening for everyone.