Ashton, Iowa — A house near Ashton was saved from fire damage after the occupants reported a chimney fire on Wednesday, November 22, 2017.
According to Ashton Fire Chief Rob Imhoff, about 4:15 p.m., the Ashton Fire Department was called to the report of a chimney fire two and a half miles west of Ashton and four miles south, near the county line; or about a mile northwest of Ritter.
The chief says they used water and a chimney stick product to fight the fire.
Imhoff says no injuries were reported.
Chief Imhoff reports that there was no damage.
He says they used about a hundred gallons of water to fight the fire, and crews were on scene for about 45 minutes.
Imhoff reminds people that if they burn wood in a fireplace or wood-burning stove, to have their chimney checked every year.